Evaluation and optimization of components made of composites
To be able to optimize components and designs or to evaluate failure, we are using the potential of simulations as well as the possibilities in our technical site:
- Detailed simulations of the components using the FEA considering the non-linear material behaviour and the complex failure modes
- Optimization of geometry and composite layup using analytical models or detailed simulation in the FEA. We are using the tools that are developed in house Software µChain und User-Subroutines (UMATs) for Abaqus.
- Comparison of test results with calculation results
- Evaluation of failure
- Microscopical investigation on layer scale and on fiber scale for quality revision of your components
- Prototyping and validation of the components using leading-edge measuring and testing equipment at our testing site.
- Optimization and detailed simulation of load transmissions
- Evaluation of the fiber volume fraction and void content (thermal extraction and optical analyses)
- Component testing
- Measurements in your testing field and directly applied to the components
Having a deep look on the details of your component, we find access to further optimization potential - or we identify reasons for not yet optimal component behaviour. Again, we combine the investigations at our technical site and the results from the detailed finite-element-simulation, to assure to find the best solution for you!