Development and design in detail using composite materials
Using our knowledge in designing, manufacturing and testing of composite components, we are your perfect partner developing and realizing your ideas. Beginning from the first feasibility study and the evaluation of ideas up to a real, tested prototype, we accompany you through the whole process of development - in house.
- Design of the components using detailed simulation models in FEA, including the consideration of nonlinear material behaviour and the complex failure
- Optimization of geometry and composite layups based on the analytical calculations or detailed models using FEA. We are using our in house software µChainSoftware und User-Subroutines (UMATs) for Abaqus.
- material testing including the manufacturing and the preparation of the specimen and coupons and consideration of these results in the design.
- Conversion of material data for finite-element-analysis. (Fiber volume fraction, non-linearity, failure criteria, etc...)
- Development of User-Materials for more realistic finite-element calculations (Consideration of the specific failure mechanisms e.g. following
- Designing of the required load transmissions
- Prototypes and validation of components using modern testing and measuring equipment at our technical development laboratory.
- Especially design of high pressure vessels is part of our portfolio. Using our software µChainWind we provide promptly optimizations and designs of pressure vessels at highest stage.
- For fatigue material behaviour we provide advisory services, specimen manufacturing, the testing at our testing field and the interpretation of the results.
Our support for your questions concerning the development of your product idea brings you closer to your product. Using our software toolchain µChain and our longtime experience designing and testing of composites we can give a prompt estimation, which material and process will give optimal results for your application.